GUEST NOTICE - 21 November 2022
Foreshore Protection Work
Please be advised that the Cook Islands Government National Environment Service will be overseeing contractors undertaking beach restoration and foreshore protection work at both The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Sanctuary Rarotonga commencing at 9am on Tuesday 22 November.
In actual fact, the beach and lagoon from the high water spring mark belongs to the Crown and the Cook Islands Government and legislation covers the maintenance and preservation of this area.
It is expected that this work will be completed by 5pm Friday 25 November.
This will involve heavy machinery being on the beach during this time.
We will be working closely with the National Environment Service and contractors to ensure that every effort will be made to limit the disruption that this necessary work will involve and to have it completed as soon as possible.
If you require any information or assistance please let me know via Reception.
Updated: 22 November 2022
THE COOK ISLANDS IS OPEN TO THE WORLD!
A WARM WELCOME AWAITS YOU!
For travel and entry to the Cook Islands, you are not required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 and no testing or quarantine is required upon arrival to Rarotonga. Flights are currently available to Rarotonga from Auckland, New Zealand, with Air New Zealand and Jetstar, and from Pape’ete, Tahiti (French Polynesia) with Air Rarotonga.
Normal Immigration requirements are as follows:
- All New Zealand and Australian passport holders must have a passport valid for a period of at least 7 days beyond their intended period of stay in the Cook Islands. This will allow New Zealand passport holders a stay of up to 90 days in the Cook Islands. Australian passport holders are eligible for a stay of up to 31 days.
- All other international passport holders must have a passport valid for a period of at least 6 months beyond their intended period of stay in the Cook Islands. This will allow you a stay of up to 31 days in the Cook Islands.
- You must have evidence of a valid outbound ticket or return ticket to your port of origin.
- You must have proof of accommodation during your stay in the Cook Islands.
Please click on the link below for the latest Travel Advisory Update, Immigration requirements and additional information:
CLICK HERE to view the Cook Islands Government COVID-19 Official Website Page.
If you have any questions please contact the Cook Islands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration on email@example.com
Our Resort Covid-19 Safety settings adjust in line with the Cook Islands and New Zealand Government guidelines and mandates. The Cook Islands Ministry of Health and the New Zealand Ministry of Health coordinate their COVID-19 response.
All our Resort staff are fully vaccinated.
Your cooperation with the following additional precautions at our Resorts would be appreciated:
- Checking in electronically via mobile phone or iPad
- Reviewing your room account electronically
- Checking out electronically
- Utilizing electronic door locking where available.
- Accessing menus via QR codes or digital display units.
- Collecting food orders from the kitchen when notified by buzzer.
If you feel sick, please stay in your room, and immediately contact Reception by dialling 5000. We will organize a Rapid Antigen Test for you and liaise with the Cook Islands Ministry of Health for any necessary medical assistance.
Requirements for Travel from Rarotonga to Aitutaki:
For those guests that booked on non-refundable rates prior to the border closure on 27 March 2020, regardless of your planned travel dates, we are pleased to offer the following special additional considerations, without penalty or change fee and subject to availability:
- You can change your dates of travel up until 31 March 2023: or
- You can transfer your booking to another person. This name change must be advised in writing to the Resort no later than 30 days prior to intended travel.
If you have any questions about your current or future booking, please contact us as follows:
The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium or Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach
Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort