The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium is the Cook Islands signature resort that is part of a family of resorts including sister resorts Sanctuary Rarotonga - on the beach and Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort.
What we are not
Our aim is always to please. And in our experience, the best way to achieve your satisfaction is to ensure that your expectations are in line with what we have to offer you. We have three beautiful sister resorts which each offer something special and unique. Unique from other resorts in the Cook Islands. And unique from other resorts anywhere in the world. To ensure that you book the sister resort which is best for you , we believe you might find it helpful to be clear not just on who we are, but on who we are not:
- We are not a resort in the Third World with hundreds of staff on hand. This is not the place for snap-your-fingers service. Our team are friendly and happy to be of service to ensure you enjoy your holiday with us.
- We are not a resort that is more than two stories high. Many of our suites, as well as our bungalow and villas, are on beach level.
- We are not a large resort with hundreds of rooms. We offer just over a hundred rooms, suites, bungalow and 3-bedroom private pool villa options which is enough to support the range of facilities & services expected of a signature resort, including our restaurant, bar, swimming pool, activities, conference facilities, room service, 24 hour front desk and security. Our resort is just the right size for our guests. Not too big. Not too small. Just right.
- We are not on the main resort strip with multiple resorts, all sharing the same beach. The Rarotongan is set right next door to our sister resort, Sanctuary Rarotonga, and together they are the only resorts set on Rarotonga’s best white sandy beach, Aroa Beach overlooking the best snorkelling on the island in the Aroa Lagoonarium.
- We are not a resort set on the windswept, sunrise side of the island. The Rarotongan instead enjoys all-day sun right through to views of the sizzling island sunsets, directly from the new lagoonfront deck of our Captain Andy’s Beach Bar & Grill, the best dining spot on the island.
- We are not a resort set on a stretch of poor-quality rough-coral beach with a lagoon too tidal, shallow, murky or rocky to swim in. Not only is The Rarotongan blessed to be set right along the island’s best beach, but directly off the beach is the island’s best all-tide snorkelling in Aroa Lagoonarium. Like snorkelling in your own aquarium filled with brightly-coloured tropical fish. Then there’s the free stand-up paddle-boarding and kayaking you can do too, at any tide.
- We are not a resort which marks rates up to give travel agents big commissions to win your booking. We offer fair, transparent pricing.
- We are not an Adults Only or a Family Resort. We cater well to a broad range of guests of all ages with a wide range of room category and pricing options, and are family-friendly but not a family resort.
- We are not a resort focused on a narrow market segment. We welcome wedding couples, honeymoon couples, small and large families and a wide range of groups including conference, sports, school and special event groups.
- We are not a resort for clock watchers. Come here when you need to chillax and leave your shoes, your cares and your watch behind.
- We are not for the indecisive. With the current Covid situation, we have relaxed our terms & conditions to allow cancellation or change of dates right up to 72 hours prior to arrival, with no fees or penalties, which offers our guests incredible peace of mind. We encourage guests to take out travel insurance as part of being a wise traveller.
- We are not in the middle of a large country with easy access to a wide range of supplies. We are on a remote island in the middle of the vast Pacific Ocean where there can be limited availability of supplies from time to time due to shipping constraints.