What We Are
WHAT WE ARE
We firmly believe that we can best meet your expectations of your stay with us, if the expectations of your experience are well aligned with what we offer.
The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium
- ICONIC. As one of the Cooks’ most established, leading resorts with a high international profile, The Rarotongan is the Cook Islands’ signature resort.
- BEST SNORKELLING. Set directly on Aroa Lagoonarium Marine Sanctuary and Aroa Beach, The Rarotongan offers the best white sandy beach location on the island, along with the best off-beach, all-tide snorkeling in a marine sanctuary on Rarotonga.
- SECLUDED. As The Rarotongan and adjacent sister resort, Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach, are the only resorts on Aroa Beach, our resort guests can enjoy our secluded beach in relative privacy, not having to share the beach as we are not set alongside a long line of hotels.
- WIDE SELECTION OF ACCOMODATION OPTIONS. The Rarotongan offers a wide range of room, suite, bungalow, and villa options from one to four bedroom options to suit all types of holidaymakers, from couples through to extended family groups as well as leisure and conference groups. Microwaves are included in all room categories but you can also choose options with a kitchenette, full kitchen, private pool, private spa and/or private games room.
- WATERFRONT DINING. Complete with the beautiful new extension to our popular Captain Andy’s Beach Bar & Grill, The Rarotongan offers the best lagoon front dining on the water on the island, directly overlooking sparkling blue Aroa Lagoon.
- SUNSETS. Due to being located on the southwest side of Rarotonga, The Rarotongan is blessed to enjoy all-day sun and sizzling sunsets, great for those sundown drinks on the lagoon deck (and sunset beach wedding shots too).
- POOLSIDE DINING. The Rarotongan’s swimming pool is located both next to the beach, and right alongside Captain Andy’s Beach Bar & Grill, enabling guests to enjoy poolside dining beside the attractive large swimming pool with lovely waterfall.
- FREE ACTIVITIES. Guests of The Rarotongan enjoy free stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking and snorkeling in all-tide Aroa Lagoonarium, as well as tennis, gym, and a daily Activities Programme
- FAMILY-FRIENDLY. Families enjoy The Rarotongan’s sheltered beach and lagoon location and extensive facilities, especially the famous FREE Moko Kids Club for children aged 4-11 years inclusive. The Rarotongan is famous for being family friendly.
- PERFECT FOR WEDDINGS. With a prime location on Aroa Beach beside the Lagoon of Love, right on the sunset coast, The Rarotongan is perfect for tropical island beach weddings from 20 to 80 guests. The Resort’s variety of venues is unrivalled, including Treetops Verandah Room for beautiful wedding receptions with delicious catering, and Latitude 21-30, the only soundproof private nightclub on the island enabling the after-party to continue to midnight.
- IDEAL FOR CONFERENCES. Conference and incentive groups enjoy an unbeatable range of venues and facilities including Arataki Boardroom, Treetops for conferencing or functions, and Latitude 2130 for break-out meetings. Guests staying at Sanctuary can also access conferencing venues at The Rarotongan.
- NEXT TO ADULTS-ONLY RESORT. With The Rarotongan being located right next to boutique adults-only sister resort, Sanctuary Rarotonga, groups with a mix of families and couples have the ideal resorts to suit both styles of traveler, conveniently located right next door.
- 24/7 RECEPTION, GIFT SHOP AND ONSITE SECURITY. The Rarotongan team is available 24/7 to provide peace of mind and maximum convenience on your tropical holiday.
- A FAVOURITE OF RETURN GUESTS. The Rarotongan is a firm island holiday favourite, the beloved return destination for thousands of our loyal guests many of whom return to us year after year.
- PERFECT SIZE. The Rarotongan is not the island’s largest resort. But it is just the right size to offer all the facilities and services you need for a relaxed beach holiday.
- AUTHENTIC, RELAXED. The Rarotongan is ideal for a traveler who values an authentic, relaxed Cook Islands experience, right on one of the best beach and lagoon locations on Earth.