I am reaching out to you today on behalf of our beautiful sister resorts here in the Cook Islands, The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach and Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort, to assure you that in times of uncertainty surrounding travel, that your safety and wellbeing, and those of our staff and community, remain our highest priority.
We understand that you may be experiencing anxiety given the fast-changing regulatory and government environments including rapid changes to travel restrictions and cancelled or postponed public events. We want you to know that we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, keeping those who are affected in our hearts, listening carefully our guest's concerns and adjusting our responses accordingly.
To date, there has never been a single case of COVID-19 Coronavirus in the Cook Islands.
The Cook Islands Government Ministry of Health (Te Marae Ora) is working with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministries of Health of Australia and New Zealand in following international protocols to manage this crisis. Throughout the Cook Islands, these international protocols are being followed by resorts, restaurants and our island community to assure the health and safety of our visitors and residents alike.
Over 90% of the adult population of the Cook Islands has been fully vaccinated with two doses of the Pfizer vaccine and 100% of the staff at our resorts also have been fully vaccinated. This provides an additional and important level of protection to local residents and visitors to the COVID-19 free Cook Islands.
Caring for our Guests & Staff
Providing safe and clean environments for our guests and staff has always been a top priority at our Resorts, and this is even more so today. We remain committed to upholding high standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit our Resorts.
Our Resorts have implemented the WHO and Cook Islands Ministry of Health guidelines detailing how to best protect against transmission of the COVID-19 coronavirus, including making hand sanitizer stations easily available, more frequent cleaning of high-touch areas as well as encouraging staff and guests to maintain a safe social distance. Our Resort health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and cover everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and public area cleaning procedures.
We will continue closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and will respond based on the advice of the Cook Islands Government Ministry of Health and WHO as well as moving our response in line with guidelines from the New Zealand and Cook Islands Ministries of Health as they change Alert Levels in response to public health requirements.
Before you depart
New Zealand to the Cook Islands
All passengers arriving into the Cook Islands (residents & visitors) must complete the Online Contact Information for travel into the Cook Islands form. Please note that this must be completed within 24 hours prior to your flight's departure. Air NZ check-in staff in Auckland will verify that this form is completed.
Click here to complete the Cook Islands Government Online Contact Information Form
Cook Islands to New Zealand
All passengers travelling to New Zealand, will need to complete the mandatory online Nau Mai Ra contact-tracing form. This is a requirement by New Zealand Ministry of Health and must be completed before you check-in for your flight. Air NZ check-in staff in Rarotonga will be verifying that you've completed this prior to boarding the aircraft.
Click here to complete the New Zealand Government Nau Mai Ra Contact Tracing Form
Peace of Mind Guarantee
Our "Peace of Mind Guarantee" includes a cancellation period that has been reduced from 30 days to 72 hours.
In addition, if you are unable to travel to the Cook Islands, or have to cut short your visit for any of the following reasons connected to the COVID-19 pandemic, then our "Peace of Mind Guarantee" would apply:
- Government advice changes and advises against travel to the Cook Islands
- The Cook Islands borders are closed
- The Cook Islands is not accepting visitors from your country
- The Cook Islands has mandatory quarantine, vaccination or testing restrictions for arrivals
- Your visit is cut short as a direct result of COVID-19, such as a local lockdown in the Cook Islands
- You contract COVID-19 after making a booking
- Quarantine rules change relating to your return
We will provide you with a credit for an equivalent amount of your reservation for use in the following 24 months or provide you with a full refund.
We’re Here to Help
Should you be reconsidering your travel plans due to COVID-19, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org as applicable.
Alternatively, please contact your travel agent, airline or government to confirm the latest information regarding your travel plans.
Thank you for your support and your loyalty as we all face this challenge to humanity together. We recognize that these are unsettling times and whether you are travelling now or in the future, we want you to know that your safety and wellbeing are our priority.
- Face masks for guests available
- Thermometers for guests provided by property
- Access to health care professionals
- First aid kit available
- Process in place to check health of guests
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Screens or physical barriers placed between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- Mobile app for room service
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Cashless payment available
- Contactless check-in/check-out
Cleanliness & disinfecting
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
Food & drink safety
- Delivered food is securely covered
- Breakfast takeaway containers
- All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- Physical distancing in dining areas